- November 4, 2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children’s clubs, church groups and more).
Who Uses the Program?
The Stewards of Children program is for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children. It is also used by individuals, organizations, businesses, and corporations who:
- Seek training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Look to enhance their child protection policies and procedures or respond to insurance requirements.
- Want to lead a community-based initiative and offer prevention training to the community.
What Topics are covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly.
What Outcomes Can Be Expected After Training?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse.
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Proactive, positive change to organizational policies and procedures.
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan.
How Long Does the Program Take to Complete?
The Stewards of Children program typically takes about 2 hours. Think about it — in just 2 hours, you’ll have the information you need to better protect every child you know.