|Free Ticketshow details +||$0.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: December 19, 2017 3:40 pm
Sales End: September 2, 2018 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- September 3, 2018
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PEP Training is designed for educators, community members, and caregivers who have previously completed a Stewards of Children training. This training is a combination of Identifying and Reporting protocol and mandates as well as supplemental training taken from Stewards titled Healthy Touch for Children & Youth and Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations & Sexual Abuse. Along with this combination, the training will give in depth review of Stewards The 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children.
PEP Training is designed for educators, community members, and caregivers who have previously completed a Stewards of Childrentraining. This training is a combination of Identifying and Reporting protocol and mandates as well as supplemental training taken from Stewards titled Healthy Touch for Children & Youth and Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations & Sexual Abuse. Along with this combination, the training will give in depth review of Stewards The 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children.
Who Uses the Program?
The PEP program is for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children. This training has potentially to be used for trainees that have completed the Stewards for Children training previously. It is also used by individuals, organizations, businesses, and corporations who:
- Seek training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Look to enhance their child protection policies and procedures or respond to insurance requirements.
- Want to lead a community-based initiative and offer prevention training to the community.
What Topics are covered in PEP Training?
- The purpose behind the Children’s Advocacy Center.
- Detecting possible sexual abuse by mood/behavior changes.
- How to react once a disclosure is made.
- Mandatory reporting laws and what happens after a report is made.
- Supplemental trainings from Stewards of Children.
Description of Supplemental Stewards Trainings
- The 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children is an introductory guide to help adults protect children from sexual abuse. Using an evidence-informed approach, these guidelines provide simple and practical actions you can take to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- The Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations and Sexual Abuse will teach you how to be an active bystander in child sexual abuse prevention and response. In this training, you will learn what it means to be an active bystander. You will receive examples of boundary violations and inappropriate behaviors and how you can make spontaneous and planned interventions that reinforce boundaries and protect children.
- The Healthy Touch for Children and Youth will teach you some guidelines for healthy touch and safe and respectful ways to interact with children. In this course, you will receive some guidelines for healthy touch at home and in youth serving setting. You will learn how to balance children’s needs for warmth and affection with safe, respectful ways of interacting. You will also learn what healthy sexual development is in children so that you can understand their touching behaviors with others.
How Long Does the Program Take to Complete?
- The PEP training typically takes about 2 hours. Think about it — in just 2 hours, you’ll have the information you need to better protect every child you know.