- August 21, 2018
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Sexual trafficking, also known as the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC), is any sexual activity involving a child for which something of value is given or promised. Building on the education provided in Stewards of Children®, Darkness to Light’s evidence-based training on preventing, recognizing, and reacting responsibly to child sexual abuse, this training teaches you about the root cause of commercial sexual exploitation and why preventing sexual abuse is important to reducing the risk of children being sexually exploited. It is highly recommended that participants complete Stewards of Children® prior to taking the course.
Available both online or as an in-person session delivered by an authorized Darkness to Light Facilitator, the training is also available in a Spanish-language version hosted by psychologist and CNN medical contributor Dr. Maris Azaret
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES?
During the training, you will hear compelling stories from experts and survivors about the commercial sexual exploitation of children. You will also:
- learn what commercial sexual exploitation of children is and what circumstances make children vulnerable.
- learn about the root causes of commercial sexual exploitation directly from survivors.
- understand how preventing child sexual abuse reduces the risk for children being commercially sexually exploited.
- hear about actions adults can take to prevent commercial sexual exploitation of children.
WHAT ARE THE DISTINCTIVE FEATURES?
Darkness to Light is proud to offer this training, which includes:
- stories from featured survivors, experts, youth serving professionals, and parents.
- a course worksheet designed to help reinforce key concepts and serve as a resource guide on exploitation.
- interactive discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and how they affect communities and youth serving organizations (facilitator-led only).
- knowledge checks (online only).